Monday, July 27, 2015

Mixed Media Foray

Today I would like to share my first every foray into mixed media.  A friend of mine (Linda) was over and she showed me a few ideas on how to get started. It was loads of fun and very easy to do.

Linda brought little packets of papers, fibres and trinkets. Each packet was slightly different and of course each artist will interpret and use the items differently according to their style.  Our tools were glue stick, liquid glue, staples, and a micron pen (to Zentangle).  I know there is a lot more that can be done with Gesso, paints and stencils, but this is just a beginning.


I picked out papers that "spoke" to me and cut or tore sections to add to my 5x7 chipboard piece.  I arranged them in whatever way made sense to me.  I like dimension so I added a curled up piece of netting and sparkling star on one side and a folded napkin on the other side.  Then we added Tangles to spice it up!

When we are finished we will coat everything with Mod Podge (I haven't done that part yet). In the end, I kinda think my piece tells a story. It's a little corny, but here goes......

We are all like a little fish who is on a life journey.
           
               Sometimes she will face obstacles, 
               but if she pushes through them she will be the star of own story. 

               Along the journey she might be delayed by her own struggles (nets),
               but she was given the building materials to make our own life story.

               If she perseveres she will have the joy of blossoming into a unique and special person.

I'll end on that corn fed note with .... Have a scrapping great day!
NancyD

4 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

Nancy...welcome to the world of mixed media.I recently took baby steps into it too!!
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A great start in your foray into mixed media Nancy. The great thing is anything goes.

Sue xx

Chrissy said...

Awesome Nancy..I just started playing with mixed media too..

luv CHRISSYxx

coldwaters2 said...

Wow brilliant first mixed media project Nancy it looks full of so many amazing things, look forward to seeing more.
hugs
lorraine x